Buyer (Manufacturing) - Salary £30-35,000 per annum plus benefits - Weybridge
The successful candidate will be required to support the materials requirements, assessment of technical and commercial requirements, supplier sourcing, competitive tendering, and purchase order management to ensure on-time supply within budget.
- Cost estimating in support of bid teams.
- Supplier evaluation, selection and development.
- Planning of materials requirements to ensure timely deliveries and efficient materials control.
- Competitive bidding and negotiation.
- Quotation analysis and ordering compliant with Company policy and procedures.
- Daily expediting of material to satisfy production schedules and implementation of appropriate recovery plans.
- Shortage reporting and resolution.
- Purchase order management ensuring accurate system data and an effective purchase-to-pay process.
- Delivery and reporting of cost-savings in support of Company objectives.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
- Diploma / Degree qualified preferred or equivalent practical experience.
- CIPS preferred or currently studying for CIPS.
- Proven experience within automotive / manufacturing industries.
- An excellent understanding of technical drawings, design intent and manufacturing processes.
- Project management skills, able to plan and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Proficient use of MS applications with good understanding of MRP and other planning systems (SAP preferred).
- Skilled in negotiation.
- Excellent organisational skills and capable of managing own time.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive, if Copperfield Recruitment Ltd has not contacted you within five days of your application then please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Copperfield Recruitment Ltd are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy and are an equal opportunities employer.