Generalist Infrastructure Engineer
Contract - 4 months
Full Time, 37.5 hour a week
£312 per day
• Deliver projects to defined timescales and project objectives, effectively communicate and manage project expectations to all relevant stakeholders
• Assist Project Managers in the smooth running of the project during project delivery
• Create high quality technical project documentation: -
Designs o Implementation documentation
Handover to support teams (including training)
• Provide support and guidance to junior members of the team
• Liaise with suppliers for technical specifications and customer departments for input to issue resolution.
• Research and develop technical deployments and implementations to ensure projects are delivered as effectively and efficiently as possible
• Proven ability to configure and troubleshoot and variety of Windows Server operating systems (Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2016) Office 365 Deployment and Management (including SharePoint, Exchange Online and Yammer)
• Windows 10
• Comfortable with PowerShell scripting (ideally at an advanced level)
• Strong knowledge of Active Directory and related technologies: - o AD DS o Group Policy o DNS o At least a basic knowledge of AD CS o DFS-R and DFS-N
• At least CCA level knowledge of Citrix technologies (XenApp and XenDesktop) with prior experience of delivering apps and desktop in a thin client environment
• Good understanding of Virtualisation concepts with strong working knowledge of VMware ESXi
• Knowledge of Windows images and app deployment solutions like SCCM is highly advantageous
• Good understanding of the Microsoft messaging stack – Exchange, Skype for Business
• Understanding of networking fundamentals (routing, firewalls, load balancers, VLANs, network teaming, PXE, DNS and DHCP)
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy on behalf of our client.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.