Senior Network Engineer
Network Engineer to assist with project delivery
PAYE Daily rate £386.04
3-month initial contract
37 Hours per week
Seeking a Senior Network engineer to help develop and maintain our secure networks. You will be
undertaking work for project managers against a wide variety of requirements. You will be based in a
team of other network, server and infrastructure engineers with support from others, but as a senior
member you will also be expected to provide help and mentorship to others.
If you have excellent problem-solving skills, a thorough knowledge of network administration and
architecture, and are passionate about security then we’d like to meet you.
• Configure and install software, servers, switches, routers and other network devices
• Monitor, configure and trouble shoot Firewall rules.
• Oversee and test security measures
• Mentor team members on technical tasks
• Vulnerability scanning and implementing remediation work
• Designing and managing delivery of network changes working with our third-party WAN
supplier and other external service network provider (e.g. Microsoft 365 Express Route)
• Resolve connectivity and routing issues escalated from 2nd Level ensuring quality of
• Configuring Citrix NetScaler to implement changes to load balancing, WAF, security
protocols and web re-directs
Proven experience as a Senior Network Engineer.
Solid background in network administration and architecture
Deep understanding of communication protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF)
A good understanding of Network Security principles
Good communication skills with experience of working in a project environment.
Ability to mentor others.
The ability to work independently
And knowledge of at least x of the following:
Extreme/Dell or Cisco switching/routing
Checkpoint and Palo Alto Firewall Policy management.
Nessus Vulnerability Scanning
Experience of working with Citrix NetScaler for load balancing, WAF and/or to manage
The contract is initially for 3 months, with an immediate start.
The role is based in Winchester City Centre, a short 10-minute walk from the train station
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy on behalf of our client. Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised.
We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR