IT Business Readiness Support
Initially 3 Month Contract
37 Hours per week
£347.54 - £400 per day
An opportunity to play a key role in supporting the delivery of significant IT Programmes for one of the UK’s best performing local authorities, by being part of a fast-paced environment in the IT Business Partner Team. Job Purpose: This IT Business Readiness Support role involves working closely with all levels of the organisation ensuring IT enables and positively contributes towards achieving their respective goals.
This role requires the jobholder to work professionally and confidently under pressure, work alongside technical colleagues and possess excellent communication skills on a variety of projects.
The role requires a good understanding across a broad range of technical IT areas and will need to establish a good understanding of the business and the IT strategy.
Working alongside the Business Relationship and Planning Lead, the role holder will need to be creative in their delivery of information to the business, understanding the different levels required and the opportunities to use differing tools and techniques to get information out to users.
• Ability to creatively translate complex technical messages to enable clarity of business understanding
• Ability to present to user groups and explain changes in simple terms.
• Ability to undertake floor walking and answer queries.
• Create storyboards for our Learning Management System to aid learning and support.
• Contribute to the provision of corporate wide information and guidance on Best Practice, with the emphasis on compliance with legislation and external regulation
• Creative, with good IT knowledge and Office 365 experience.
• Experience as an IT Trainer or teacher.
• GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English.
• Minimum of good A’ levels or equivalent experience.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, including oral, written, presentation, briefing and influencing others
• Creative and innovative and able to apply this to produce business relevant information working with colleagues and senior management teams within IT and across business functions.
• Experience of handling multiple tasks running concurrently with varying complexity, time constraints, impacts and risks.
• Able to establish effective working relationships with people at all levels within IT and the business • Self-motivated and a self-starter with a commitment to ongoing personal development
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy on behalf of our client.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion