Senior Data Consultant - Advisory Services
£70,000 - £90,000 per annum DOE + Benefits
London & Home Counties with flexible working
Our client is looking to recruit a highly logical Senior Consultant to join their UK Advisory team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering and implementing enterprise level Master Data Management (MDM), Data Quality (DQ) and Product Information Management (PIM) projects.
As a Senior Consultant you will be responsible, under the guidance of Principal Consultants, for the assessment of a client data landscape. From your assessment you will advise clients on options for suitable Information Management solutions to deliver the business goals and outcomes within a robust Data Governance framework.
Following client acceptance of the proposed solution and supported by a team of Technical Consultants, Developers and Test Analysts, you will also be responsible for formulating and implementing Data Models, Data Migration, MDM Implementation and Test strategies. Ultimately, rooted in your technical experience you will be confident to efficiently and effectively install and configure the latest MDM and Information Management tools, allowing clients to achieve business value and insight from their data assets.
You will also be experienced in dealing with the ‘people’ factor, and the wide variety of national and corporate cultures that we meet in our daily business. You will need to adapt and draw on a breadth of communication and analytical skills to appeal to your audience, be they business people looking for business value, or technical experts looking for technical discipline and rigour.
In return, our client will offer a completive salary and benefits package which includes a competitive pension plan, holiday allowance, private healthcare, life assurance and personal development opportunities.
To apply you must:
· Have a minimum of 5 years of consulting experience in an Information Management organisation or similar, working in sectors such as Finance, Insurance, Pharma and Retail.
· Demonstrable experience of providing Data Governance Consultancy to FTSE 500 organisations.
· Have extensive experience of successfully implementing Information Management systems such as Informatica MDM, IDQ, Product 360, IBM MDM and PIM.
· Be experienced in providing strong technical leadership and management to project teams, both onsite and remotely.
· Be educated to graduate level or a professional equivalent, demonstrating a sound grasp of computer science.
· Be self-aware and an effective communicator, including written and verbal communication, and a good listener, with the ability to grasp complex business situations and represent them both technically and to business users.
· Be willing to travel throughout UK and other locations as projects require.
Desirable skills and experience:
· Experience in system architecture, preferably demonstrated through knowledge of TOGAF or Zachman Frameworks.
· A strong Java development background.
· Experience of supporting RFPs and POC requests.