Infrastructure Solutions Designer
We require an experience Solution Designer to join the Infrastructure Delivery Team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of solutions built on enterprise class platforms to meet business requirements, corporate strategies and architectural standards.
You will be a member of a talented team acting as a trusted advisor to colleagues at all levels across IT and the wider business.
Working alongside; Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers and Technical Specialists, you will produce fully costed end-to-end solution designs that meet functional and non-functional requirements.
You will be well versed in solution delivery lifecycles and be technically accountable for the successful implementation of your solutions through to launch, completing design documentation and resolving any identified risks and architectural issues.
Strong presentation skills and the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels is essential.
The successful candidate will have experience in designing and delivering solutions utilising a wide range of technologies including: Application Provision/Integration, IDAM, Windows Server, firewalls, load balancers, databases, both hosted and cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
• Liaise with IT and Key Stakeholders helping to understand/set high level scope for each proposal.
• Research options and make high level recommendations on delivery methods.
• Liaise with Enterprise Team to ensure standards and future direction are met.
• Provide feedback on likely achievement against initial business case.
• Create infrastructure designs and cost estimates.
• Create task and resource estimates.
• Present proposals for IT architecture and organisational approval. Essential Skills & Experience
• Significant Experienced in Enterprise grade IT solution design
• Ability to be an SME for a wide range of proposals, technical & business areas. Some where you may have to learn as you go.
• Good communication skills – including verbal, written and facilitation skills
• Experience of early planning, estimation and cost modelling
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Business for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. Our all current vacancies are on our website