Job Title: Finance Assistant
Hours: Monday- Friday 9am- 5pm
Salary: £17,000- £21,000
About Our Client
My client is a leading and expanding motor insurance group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition and are in The Times Top 100 Companies to work for. They are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join their busy Finance department.
Why work for us?
* 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* 5% pension contribution scheme
* Canteen on site#
* Free Gym
* 1 day's paid leave to volunteer per year
* Lifestyle discounts (discounts with over 5,000 shops, restaurants and other retailers)
* Health care cash plan (cash back on everyday healthcare such as dental and optical)
* Life assurance 4 x annual salary
* Provide key monthly reporting to support the bordereaux and sub commission process, analysis and any other finance related work when required.
* Assist with daily banking and ensuring all queries are completed on a timely basis.
* Process cheque cancellations/reissues and assist with payment queries.
* Upload and validate the daily BACS files to the bank system
* Assist with updating and reconciling the claims cash books
* Ensure that all work is accurate, deadlines are met, and that the workload is managed effectively with minimal supervision.
* Provide detailed analysis on performance against business plans and targets
* Be involved in project-based work
* Maintain timely and appropriate communication both internally and externally, ensuring all verbal and written communications to customers are made to departmental and company standards.
* Participate in system testing for upgrades to both CDL & Strata & MIS & Aquarium as and when required.
* Assist in the production of the group's management accounts
* Involvement in all general account's roles including reconciliations, credit control, purchase ledger and cheque requisition
* Consider and make suggestions to improve and develop existing reports and processes to improve the overall department efficiency and effectiveness.
* Investigate and resolve queries from both internal and external parties when required.
* Be a team player and assist other members of the department when necessary to ensure overall department objectives are met.
* Display a positive attitude to work, be adaptable to meet the needs of the role and be able to take on new and varied work when required.
Essential skillsGood Excel skills
* Strong team player
* Good Communication skills
* Ability to remain motivated in a challenging environment
* Experience with MIS, CDL Classic, Strata, SSP, OGI, Aquarium, Sage Line 50 Accounts