Senior Admin Assistant (Corporate Services)
£9.55 per hour
We are looking for first class IT and Communication skills and a confident telephone manner. You will be diplomatic and self-motivated and be able to deal with enquiries and logistics in an efficient and organised manner. The ability to work under pressure and to prioritise your own workload to deadlines and to be proactive, flexible and work both independently and as part of a team is essential.
• Produce high quality documents, presentations and databases in response to Manager requirements, within appropriate timescales.
• Where required, co-ordinate diaries, liaising with other departments and organisations as appropriate. Including diary management support to Director of Corporate Resources, Head of HR and Head of Finance using Microsoft Outlook.
• Screening and prioritising incoming mail as required. Liaising with Managers and staff in corporate Resources and other departments as necessary.
• Support the maintenance of Sharepoint Sites, logs and electronic libraries and ensure responsible officers are aware of actions and that these are followed up on a regular basis;
• Assist with administering and monitoring the change control process using the designated technology tools, ensuring the systems are updated appropriately and timely;
• Support with the preparation of agendas, drafting slides and compiling meeting packs;
• Dealing with confidential and sensitive correspondence and ensuring that such documents and correspondence are handled appropriately.
• Visibly demonstrate commitment to customer service through own actions and in particular inspire others in team to follow lead in this area.
• Attending meetings and workshops as required to assist with the capture of feedback, minutes and actions.
• Work with the Senior Transformation Team leads with regards to contribution on internal organisational change projects e.g. IT system implementation and enhancements.
• Team working i.e. providing cover for other staff during their absence as required.
• Formal qualifications or equivalent experience in business administration
• Working knowledge of Microsoft O365 Applications
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Excellent administrative skills and ability to use and monitor a wide range of IT systems and procedures
• Ability to identify potential areas for concern and exercise appropriate escalation of issues;
• Experience of co-ordinating and consolidating management reporting information;
• Ability to produce/update management information to aid decision making in management team reviews.
• Good interpersonal skills to support the delivery of the significant change programmes;
• Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing, in a concise and persuasive manner;
• Ability to prioritise workload and make informed decisions;
• Diary management experience;
• Good team player;
• Self-motivated and committed to ongoing personal development;
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Understanding of Local Government, how the County Council works and civic protocols
• Experience of having to deal with confidential/sensitive information
• Experience of organising workshops or events
• Ability to use appropriate communication, influence and persuasion skills to engage and motivate others.
• Manual handling: Up to 5kg – less than daily requirement
• Display screen equipment: Desktop PC & Laptop
• Verbal abuse and / or aggression
• Occasional evening or late working
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Business for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. Our all current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies