Job Title: Part Time Senior Administrative Assistant
Salary: £9.55 per hour
Hours: 18.5 per week
Contract Type: Temporary until 31/05/2020
Your administration skills and talent for organisation will be highly valued within our clients Children’s Services team. Our client can offer you a genuinely varied and responsible position - and the chance to play a supporting role in helping the county’s most vulnerable children.
Based in offices county-wide, their team works to safeguard young people, promote their welfare and maximise their life chances. They want you to keep everything running smoothly behind the scenes, while reducing the administrative burden on your colleagues. The more efficient and effective your contribution, the more our Social Workers can focus on direct work with children and families.
The duties involve everything from assessing customer requirements and responding to routine enquiries through to monitoring budgets and resources. So, you will need proven administrative experience and good IT and communication skills, plus GCSE at Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative support service to meet business requirements.
• Assess customer requirements and use a range of manual and electronic systems to provide accurate information and reports within agreed timescales.
• Make routine changes to internal systems and procedures in response to customer requirements and promote awareness within the team to maintain standards of service.
• Respond to routine enquiries, both orally and in writing, on behalf of the department and the organisation where appropriate. Carry out research and refer more complex enquiries to an appropriate manager with background briefing.
• Establish and use networks of contacts, mostly internal within the County Council, to provide appropriate information and interpretation of systems, policies and procedures.
• Where appropriate, carry out a supervisory role, allocating and prioritising work for junior staff and providing information for performance management and development.
• Control resources and implement company wide procedures within budgetary delegation.
• Maintains an awareness of the corporate and departmental policies and procedures and applies them in the day to day job requirements.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• GCSE (or equivalent) level A-C (including English and Maths).
• Previous general administrative experience with specific experience where appropriate.
• Computer literate in the use of a variety of software for data handling and transmission.
• Where appropriate, specialist training and qualifications.
• Effective communication skills at all levels.
• Working conditions in this role may include:
• Display screen equipment user.
This post is subject to a Standard Criminal Records Check. As such please note, we will take up references prior to interview.
Please note: Candidates are required to bring their Maths and English qualifications and two types of ID documents to the interview.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. They expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. They will ensure that all their recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
Corporate Equalities Employment Policy: In order to combat indirect discrimination, no unnecessary conditions or requirements will be applied to any for achieving equality of opportunity in its employment practices. All sections of the population will have equal access to jobs. No applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, disability, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, creed, sexuality, trade union activity or responsibility for dependants unless a Genuine Occupational Qualification (GOQ) applies. In order to combat indirect discrimination, no unnecessary conditions or requirements will be applied to which would have a disproportionately adverse effect on any one group
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Business for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. Our all current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies