An amazing job opportunity has arisen for a dedicated Deputy Ward Manager to manage a ward in an exceptional low secure and locked rehabilitation service based in Hampshire, for males and females with learning disabilities. As a Deputy Ward Manager you will be working for one of UK's leading health care providers.
This special service aim to support patients in a range of community-based activities as part of a full treatment programme and to prepare them in moving through their discharge pathway towards a community- based placement.
As a Deputy Ward Manager your day to day duties include:
• Works as Senior Nurse in a Ward or equivalent area ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, their families and visitors.
• Applies relevant policies and statutory requirements within the ward and hospital framework of governance and communicates requirements to the wider team.
• Ensures that risk is assessed and managed across the immediate and wider working environment and that statutory requirements are met.
• Respects and applies the requirements of equality and diversity, promoting and role modelling these across the team.
• Identifies deficits in skill mix and safe staffing levels and acts to address these.
• Supervises a defined group of team members and contributes to their overall CPD, mandatory training and appraisal process recognising the skills required across the team. This will also include addressing any performance issues that are below the expected standard.
• Acts as a role model to promote a culture of learning development, inquiry and a team vision.
• Implements, monitors and evaluates therapeutic interventions within an overall care programme, enabling people with mental health and or learning disability needs to develop coping strategies.
• Actively supports and contributes to effective Multi Disciplinary Working
• Engages in collaborative problem solving, supporting and encouraging clients to take ownership of issues, identify problems and to develop solutions to them based on their own needs and preferences.
• Contributes to the process of collaboratively assessing and acting on risks of harm, danger and abuse.
• Is named nurse for a small group of patients, acting as Associate nurse for colleagues when on duty, and is a regular shift leader.
• Provides Clinical Supervision to a group of defined nursing staff
• Undertakes Lead roles for the ward, as agreed with the Ward manager
• Deputises for the Ward manager as required
• Adheres to all National, Company and local standards, policies and procedures
• To promote understanding of Clinical governance within the ward nursing team.
• To promote understanding of and engagement in the principals of Recovery.
An ideal Deputy Ward Manager must have these skills as they are beneficial for this position:
• First level Registered Nurse
• Trained Mentor
• Clinical Supervision experience essential, training desirable
• Evidence of Continued Professional Development and intent to maintain and develop Continued
• professional development and leadership
• Good computer skills
The successful Deputy Ward Manager will receive an excellent annual salary of £32,000 - £36,000 per annum. This exciting position is a Full Time role working for 37.5 hours a week. In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive the following generous benefits:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
• A group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
• Private Medical Insurance Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Free meals while on duty
• Care first - Employee Assistance Services
• Continuous learning and development
• Childcare vouchers
• Career development
• Personal health insurance
• An employee assistance programme
• Voluntary benefit
To be considered for this position you must be qualified as a Nurse either RMN or RNLD with a current active NMC Pin
Reference ID: 2176
To apply for this fantastic job role, please call Lily Harris on 0121 638 0567 or send your CV to [email protected]