Role: Electrical Equipment Mechanical Design Engineer
My client is seeking an engineer with strong commitment, drive and self-motivation. Someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills allows you to integrate and converse with a diverse team of engineers. You will have the ability to manage several short and long-term objectives. You will be able to apply core mechanical principles to address technical challenges and justify your design solutions.
Would you like to join a growing multi-disciplinary team within the Engineering Projects Group (EPG)?
As an Electrical Equipment Mechanical Design Engineer, you will support the mechanical aspects of combat and automation system products. Working across the engineering lifecycle, from requirements capture, through detailed design, qualification, delivery and support.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to engineer complex electrical/mechanical product solutions within a challenging and fast-paced environment, where no two days are the same.
Your main responsibilities as an Electrical Equipment Mechanical Design Engineer will involve:
* Developing the mechanical aspects of combat system hardware design across the full Engineering Lifecycle
* Integrating practical electrical, electronic combat and automation product solutions
* Applying technical requirements to the design of products and sub-systems
* Undertaking structural and thermal analyses of new product designs
* Specifying materials, tolerances, finishes, strengths and weights of components
* Defining verification and test procedures, proving compliance for product acceptance
Your skills and qualifications:
* Qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in a relevant engineering discipline
* Mechanical development experience in packaging or electronics and rack installation on ships
* Must have experience of operating in defence or high safety integrity environment
* Familiarity with relevant industry standards
* Familiarity with engineering analysis workflows and processes
* Awareness of all phases of the engineering lifecycle and configuration control systems
* SC clearance is a Must or the eligibility to become SC Cleared