Mobile Plumber role in South East England. Van supplied.
Mobile Plumber- South East
Negotiable with bonus
23 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
Your new company
Working on a Social Housing Repairs and Maintenance contract with a Property services company who provide asset management for Housing associations and local authorities. The service they provide includes responsive repairs, void refurbishments, compliancy services and planned maintenance works.
A key focus for the company is on a culture which puts people at the core of everything we do, to encourage innovative thinking and always puts the customer first.
Your new role
Working to deliver highest quality service to carry out a variety of plumbing tasks.
* Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids
* Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
* Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building
* Uses saws and pipe cutters as necessary
* Installs heating and air-conditioning systems, including water heaters
* Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installing and repairing plumbing
* Tests plumbing systems for leaks and other problems
* Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair
* Writes report documenting the problem and summary of actions taken
* Performs inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts
* Prepares bids and schedules and oversees other workers, such as apprentices and helpers
* Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
* Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
* Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
* Prepare written work cost estimates and negotiate contracts.
* Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
* Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
* Perform complex calculations and planning for special or very large jobs.
* Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
* Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
* Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
* Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
* Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
* Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
* Pipe cutting and preassembly and installation of plumbing systems and components.
* Ensure all PPE is provided and present prior to engaging on task.
* Ensure you have materials and equipment provided before you undertake task.
* Ensure that the task is deliverable within the time allocation
* Ensure all works do not present a hazard or danger to others
* Ensure all H&S documentation (RAMS) are present prior to engaging on task
* Produce concise and accurate data records through PDA / mobile communication systems and reporting, including feedback on vulnerabilities within the community, the use of labour and materials and if tasks are deliverable in the time allocation.
What you'll need to succeed
* Must have full or automatic driving UK driver license held for 12 months
* Diploma level 2 or 3 in Plumbing and Heating
* City and Guilds in Plumbing and Heating
* NVQ Level 2 plus 3 in Plumbing
What you'll get in return
23 days holiday plus bank holidays, company uniform, pension plan, accident cover, life assurance, company van (work use only), training and development, funded professional subscription, share save, Work Perks discount and offer scheme, extensive wellbeing benefits and resources including online advice, guides, counselling support, 24hr digital GP, cycle to work, paid voluntary work, enhanced family polices and we will accommodate requests for flexible working where possible.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.