Mobile Carpenter role in the South East England. Van provided.
Mobile Carpenter- South East
Negotiable with bonus
23 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
Your new company
Working on a Social Housing Repairs and Maintenance contract with a Property services company who provide asset management for Housing associations and local authorities. The service they provide includes responsive repairs, void refurbishments, compliancy services and planned maintenance works.
A key focus for the company is on a culture which puts people at the core of everything we do, to encourage innovative thinking and always puts the customer first.
Your new role
Working to deliver the highest quality service to carry out a variety of carpentry tasks.
* Interpret client requests and provide mock-ups for clients to approve prior to commencing work
* Build cabinets, vanities, tub and shower surrounds and other projects based on demand
* Frame room additions as needed for client
* Select and evaluate materials for defects
* Install cabinets, counters and moulding
* Follow all code requirements for kitchens and baths in remodelling projects
* Works with designers and planners on construction projects
* Matches materials to requested design specifications
* Measures building materials and spaces for installation accurately
* Orders building materials as needed
* Creates materials that fit the client's expectations
* Assembles sturdy and well-constructed floorboards, skirting boards, window frames, doors, door linings, staircases, fitted furniture, cabinetry, shelving, and more
* Incorporates fixtures like door handles and locks, cabinet handles, stairway railing, and other fixtures into design and implementation
* Builds temporary housings and supports for setting concrete (shuttering)
* Builds the framework of a building, or other large-scale construction project
* Crafts furniture with fine detail work and/or utmost sturdiness and quality
* Participates in first fixing as well as second fixing work
* Repairs and refurbishes existing building work
* Replaces damaged wood in hardwood floors and outdoor decks
* Uses power tools and other tools to cut and shape wood, metal, and other materials
* Ensuring all work is performed in accordance with the requirements of Health and Safety and other relevant legislations
* Providing a service to clients and maintain good customer service and relationships
* Snagging work
* Ensure all H&S documentation (RAMS) are present prior to engaging on task
What you'll need to succeed
* Must have a full UK driver license.
* Previous experience as a qualified Joiner in the construction industry is preferred
* NVQ Level 2/3 Joinery
What you'll get in return
23 days holiday plus bank holidays, company uniform, pension plan, accident cover, life assurance, company van (work use only), training and development, funded professional subscription, share save, Work Perks discount and offer scheme, extensive wellbeing benefits and resources including online advice, guides, counselling support, 24hr digital GP, cycle to work, paid voluntary work, enhanced family polices and we will accommodate requests for flexible working where possible.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.