System Design Authority
Would you like to work in a System Design Authority role ensuring our products and services meet the requirements and perform as expected? My client currently has a vacancy for a System Design Authority within the Training Services Group who would join the team and be responsible for the design and implementation of world leading synthetic training, simulation, war gaming and test & integration systems.
As System Design Authority, you will be responsible for system definition and design decision-making ensuring that all areas of the product(s) are considered in depth with clear integration and resolution of conflicts resulting in clear trade-off rationale. You will ensure the safety of the products through technical oversight of the design, implementation, validation, and support, owning the risk register entries relating to design integrity and safety for products and services offered.
Your role will provide you with an opportunity to work within a high-profile aspect of the business with an excellent structured career path within Training services or the wider business.
Your main responsibilities as System Design Authority will involve:
* Being accountable for the integrity of the technical solution meeting the product, service, programme, business and customer needs associated with the portfolio, programme or project
* Interface with and influence external customers/stakeholders to shape customer requirements acting as an ambassador for training systems engineering to these groups
* Guide the technical design processes and resultant solutions, retaining focus on the technical compliance, system complexity, 'design for' trade-offs and schedule constraints
* Ensure the products meet all contractual, regulatory, and legislative requirements
* Provide technical support to the project manager, ensuring the balance between technical risk and cost and schedule is fully understood for the solutions
* Ensure that product changes and/or updates are in-line with future technology strategy, utilising common technologies with other programmes wherever possible
* Lead internal design reviews for the systems, preparing and presenting technical aspects to those involved as required
* Support Research and Development, winning business and bid management activities
Your skills and qualifications as a System Design Authority :
* Ability to perform system requirements and design and to take high-level solution decisions for complex training systems
* Experience of designing software-intensive systems
* Knowledge and experience of engineering governance
* Ability to understand and propose solution recommendations and trade-offs on all technical aspects pertaining to the projects
* Able to explain difficult technical subject matters to non-specialists and others
* Experience and knowledge of a variety of simulation techniques/approaches
* A degree-level engineering qualification with industry experience is highly desirable
* Experience and knowledge of networked and virtualised systems design
* Experience and knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems design
What my client is looking for in a System Design Authority:
You will be highly motivated with a flexible approach and openness to involvement in all aspects of the teams' work. You will possess excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to assess risks technical, project and business related. You will be comfortable maintaining control of the higher level of the technical solution(s) as well as being able to focus in on the detail in specific areas when necessary. It is important you will have an awareness and understanding of different stakeholders and their organisational structures.
Location: Hybrid working with occasional travel to Portsmouth
If you are interested in this role, please click 'APPLY' and submit your CV for immediate consideration.
All successful candidates will be contacted within two working days of application.