Junior Electrical Design Engineer
Atlas Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Junior Electrical Design Engineer on behalf of our industry leading client. The successful candidate will join a vibrant and expanding team who primarily develop Alteration & Addition (A&A) Electrical physical Integration Design Solutions, provide technical expertise in response to queries raised by Ship repair and other business areas and waterfront support to Naval and Commercial Shipyards.
The A&A design work is to integrate the power and data interfaces from the ships main systems to a new equipment within available margins and provide an installation guidance pack of electrical drawings, penetrations, cable data sheets, bills of material and installation instructions.
As a Junior Design Engineer your main responsibilities will include:
* Production of Integration Design Solutions for new equipment into maritime platforms.
* Installation Feasibility studies.
* Liaison with MoD and Industry Partners in the development of integration requirements.
* Undertake Ship Surveys
* Provide technical contribution to the Product Safety of Design Services deliverables
As a Junior Design Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include some if not all of the following:
* ONC/HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
* Knowledge of Electrical Systems theory.
* Interpret and apply electrical design standards.
* Working knowledge of Electrical Installation Practices.
* Working knowledge of Electrical Distribution Systems.
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
Desirable (Can train):
* Familiarity with electrical distribution and equipment in ships.
* Familiarity with Ministry of Defence, Defence Standards (DEFSTANS).
* AUTOCAD User (can train).
* FORAN user (can train).
Junior Design Engineer overview:
* Confident communication skills that will enable you to engage with our teams and customers.
* Awareness of, and conformity to, all aspects of SHE.
* Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
* Characteristics lending themselves to an eye for detail.
* You may have completed a Technician Apprenticeship in the last few years and be looking for a new challenge/career.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'APPLY' and submit your CV for immediate consideration.
All successful candidates will be contacted within two working days of application