First Response Fire / Water Technician- £25,000 - £27,000 depend on experience.
Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week. Weekends and overtimes are paid in time and a half.
Company Van and equipment provided.
Additional benefit package includes - Over time & weekend work paid at time and a half, additional fees for; call out, stop out, accommodation provided for further visits, food allowance, £25 bonus for any 5* reviews received on the companies review page mentioning your service, annual bonus for excellent employees.
The right candidate:
* Must be physically fit to carry out the hands on role (e.g. to lift, carry & remove any damaged goods from the homes that have suffered damage
* Have a background in Construction with an understanding of building works within the home to be able to fix and rectify the damage in the homes
* Great customer service - deliver, with empathy, care and & patience, clear explanations to the customers (distressed homeowners who have experienced tragic damage at home) reassuring them of the plan of action you will be taking to rectify the damage in their homes
* Must work efficiently to ensure the damage is treated in quickly but thoroughly
* Must be health and safety aware
* Must be tech-savvy to be able to use a tablet device that will have the scheduled visits on throughout their shift.
* Must have a Full Clean UK Driving License - to drive to homes in the designated area to complete the restoration projects
TRAINING PROVIDED BY COMPANY TO LEARN HOW TO CARRY OUT THE RESTORATION PROJECTS E.G. TRAINING ON HOW TO USE THE DRYING EQUIPMENT TO TREAT FLOODS
Role can be tailored to be specific based on experience, interest and skill set to train and work solely in Fire or Water restorations
Main purpose of the job is to undertake disaster restoration projects after fire events (cleaning and sanitising; as appropriate), floods and escape of water (drying, cleaning, and sanitising; as appropriate) ensuring customers receive excellent service whilst managing claims costs and expenses within the scope of the insurance policy
* Effective day to day management of instructions under your control; excellent communications with policyholders and any other relevant individuals
* Working closely with the First Response, Surveying and Claims teams to ensure that all instructions are acted on in a timely manner and in line with any KPI or SLA as required
* Undertaking onsite inspections, installation and monitoring of drying equipment, mitigation assessments and cleaning following water and other perils. Cleaning of fire damaged buildings and contents. Removal of debris.
* To ensure that works are carried out and completed in the shortest period possible and maintained as such until the claim is concluded
* Maintain claim files to a very high standard ensuring that all documents, photographs, and communications are accurately recorded in chronological order for audit, complaints analysis and client review
* Undertaking triage assessments and reporting accordingly.
* Working within the team to ensure that the claim is progressed efficiently and within the scope of the insurance policy.
* To work whilst maintaining safe working conditions in line with Health & Safety requirements and regardless of location
* To ensure that all company property is kept clean, tidy, and maintained to the correct safety standards
* To wear corporately identified clothing provided as required by the business.
* Preparing reports as required.
* To undertake any training or CPD or as required by the business
* To work on an on call or shift-based rota ensuring business needs are met
* To carry out any other reasonable management instruction.
* At least 2 years previous experience of working in construction and/or building works
* Basic computer knowledge
* Knowledge of the Insurance claims process
* Previous experience within damage restoration
* Asbestos awareness
* Full driving licence with no more than 3 points
* Health and Safety training
Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills
* Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers who may be distressed.
* Ability to work within a team and with a wide variety of customers
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
* PC literate with good administrative skills.
* Ability to take direction and to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary.
* Helpfulness and a passion for customer service.
* Driven and enthusiastic - meets or exceeds targets.
* Empathy and understanding.
* Confident and professional attitude.
* Active and energetic.
* Takes ownership of problems and drives for effective solutions.